Basin Buying Tips and Info
A simple change of basin design will instantly give your bathroom a fresh new look and there are some fantastic shapes and sizes to choose from. Think about swapping a traditional pedestal design for a wall hung option to free up wal space, or utilize space more efficiently by containing an existing basin in a vanity unity for extra storage. Choose the shape and size carefully to suit your bathroom and accessorize with stylish taps that complete the look. If you have the space, consider installing two basins side by side, particularly in a busy family bathroom.
Keep it traditional with a vitreous china basin, or create a strong style statement with a glass, steel or chrome alternative.
- The traditional pedestal basin is a popular choice. This is fixed to the wall in the pillar base is both a support in a neat way of concealing water pipes and waste outlet.
- The half or semi pedestal is a variation of the full-length stand that gives easy access underneath and for cleaning.
- Basin height is an issue, offer a wall on model that can be fixed at any height. Hi Cindy neatly concealed behind the wall, but make sure the wall is a loadbearing one. Think about encasing the lower part of the basin in a contemporary Prowmore steelframe and provide shade for hanging towels, face cloths or wash bags.
- Installing a basin in a vanity unit also allows you to select your own hike, with the added advantage of storage increased service space for soaps, shampoos, and shaving gear. Integrated basins are crafted as part of the countertop for you streamlined look and easy cleaning.
- Buying Tips:
- Think of the long-term consequences when making your choice of basin material. Fashionable surfaces may not wear well and will need extra cleaning to stay in tiptop condition.
- Check that that have holes are where you want them when buying your basis.
If you're choosing a basin for a small bathroom, think carefully about storage. Look for styles that have special built in shelves for toothbrushes, soaps and shaving gear.